Wat ge zegt, da's ni slecht!
filmbackpack.com, backpack, Custom Film Backpacks Online

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    BabbeL // INFO
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
BessLineberger

BerichtGeplaatst: 23-06-2021 10:37:51    Onderwerp: filmbackpack.com, backpack, Custom Film Backpacks Online Reageren met citaat
Yes, Loki is basically Marvel’s take on Doctor Who, the long-running BBC sci-fi series about an alien who goes on whimsical adventures in time and space. Loki is a little less whimsical and a lot more higher budget, but the show’s time-hopping plot certainly recalls a few episodes of Doctor Who (it even shares actors, with Gugu Mbatha-Raw having appeared in Doctor Who as Martha Jones’ sister Tish). This is especially true in this week’s episode of Loki, which calls to mind another “Volcano Day” in Doctor Who, but with a very different approach.

For reference’s sake, take a look above this sentence to see how Doctor Fate’s costume looks in the comics.

As of yet, nothing’s happened. To be honest, I don’t know if anything will happen. What I do know is that the film endures, and the reason it has such a long-lasting appeal, I think, is its spirit. It has a really sweet spirit. That more than anything is the reason for its longevity. I hope they do another something but I also hope they respect the spirit of the original. I can only imagine that unless you get the right people involved and do it properly, that it’s almost bound to be a disappointment.

filmbackpack.com
Custom Film Backpacks Online

MGM holds the rights to all the characters originating in the 1991 film The Silence of the Lambs, including Clarice Starling, her colleague Ardelia Mapp (Devyn Tyler), Deputy Assistant Attorney General Paul Krendler (Michael Cudlitz), the late serial killer Buffalo Bill, and a number of others. All other Hannibal characters, including the cannibal doctor himself, remain with the Dino De Laurentiis Company. This confusing division of rights is why Bryan Fuller’s NBC show Hannibal could never feature Clarice Starling, and why CBS’ Clarice was never be able to even mention Hannibal Lecter by name.

Junji Ito has been called Japan’s master of horror, and for good reason. Uzumaki has been hailed as a modern horror classic, as are many of his other famous works like Tomie and Gyo. He is inarguably one of the best horror illustrators working today, his stark black-and-white art pushing the boundaries on what we have come to expect of body horror and Lovecraftian madness.

The series is packed with an abundance of talent. Grammy, Tony, and Emmy Award-nominated singer Sara Bareilles stars alongside Grammy and Tony-winning actress and singer Renée Elise Goldsberry, Emmy Award-winning Saturday Night Live mainstay and comedy icon Paula Pell, and New York Times Best-Selling author, actor, activist, writer and host Busy Philipps. The chemistry between the women on-screen is palpable and you can tell they’re having a blast reliving their fictional glory days with plenty of ’90s throwbacks.

The Apple Original based on an incredible true story premieres November 12 on Apple TV+, and that seems like a long time away. I know it’ll be here before we know it, but I’m ready to watch this thing now. I suppose I could re-listen to the podcast (which can be found here), but in truth, I didn’t quite care for the sound of narrator Joe Nocera’s voice. I’m much more interested in this TV adaptation, which looks pretty damn good.backpack
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    BabbeL // INFO Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: