Wat ge zegt, da's ni slecht!
Official MLB Face Covering, MLB Masks Online Shop - Los Ang

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    BabbeL // DAG ALLEMAAL..
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
BessLineberger

BerichtGeplaatst: 11-12-2020 09:46:43    Onderwerp: Official MLB Face Covering, MLB Masks Online Shop - Los Ang Reageren met citaat
Kurkjian: My favorite rumor at the winter meetings wasn't a rumor for long, and, like so many rumors, turned out to be nothing. Phillies GM Paul Owens, "The Pope," as he was known, was a character. Famously, after several drinks at 1:30 a.m. at one winter meetings, Owens, dressed in a coat and tie, demonstrated the proper way to execute a hook slide on the floor of the lobby bar. At the 1979 winter meetings, Owens called the Phillies beat writers at 2:30 a.m. to tell them that he had just acquired Sutter. The writers, at least for a minute, thought he meant Bruce Sutter, the star closer for the Cubs. Owens laughed mightily, then told the writers that the Phillies had acquired a minor leaguer, pitcher Burke Suter.

"He had several teams that were interested," Pau Gasol said of his brother. "What he valued most was the opportunity to win another championship. To play for the Lakers -- it's such a unique franchise. It's the opportunity of a lifetime, and it's very special for us to be the first brothers to play for the Lakers."Chicago White Sox Face Coverings

When the Phillies returned home from a road trip a few days later, white fans took their anger out on Allen. “Every time a ball was hit to Allen, fair or foul, every time he came to bat, the crowd booed. It was not just a few hundred people, but many thousands,” sportswriter Arnold Hano wrote at the time. Though Allen wasn’t the only Black player on the team, his stature as an outspoken star made him a target for hostile white fans. The booing became so commonplace that a September article in the Philadelphia Inquirer expressed astonishment that Allen hadn’t been booed.

Following the summer of games played without fans in the stands, the Phillies recently became the latest team to execute front-office layoffs, reportedly letting go of 80 employees. Middleton noted that there has been a $100 million injection of capital into the team's operations to strengthen its financial position.MLB Face Coverings Online Sale

Doolittle: This is personal and speaks to the fact that I'm a walking bag of personality disorders. You've heard the term "fanboy," right? Whatever the opposite of that term is, that's me. If I encounter someone whom I don't know but hold in high esteem, I cannot bring myself to acknowledge that person, no matter what he or she has meant to me as a person, a writer, a baseball journalist, whatever. I have never once in my life asked a person for an autograph. I'm not proud of this.

Dick Allen endured a rocky relationship with the Philadelphia Phillies, the fans and the media during his playing career. BETTMANN / CONTRIBUTOR
Many Phillies fans were quick to accept Thomas’ version of events. ALLEN LANDS FIRST PUNCH, blared a headline in the Philadelphia Bulletin, labeling Allen as the aggressor.Los Angeles Angels Face Coverings

Rogers: It doesn't sound like a big deal now, but when the Yankees inked Winfield to that 10-year contract in 1980, it shocked the sports world. The concept of free agency was still in its infancy and players simply weren't getting mammoth deals back then -- though it was worth only $23 million. Winfield was fine for them, but the Yankees didn't win anything during his tenure in New York.<a>Minnesota Twins Face Coverings</a>

mlbfacecoverings.com
Fanatics Face Mask

mlbfacecoverings.com
Fanatics Face Mask
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    BabbeL // DAG ALLEMAAL.. Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: